About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Monday, 23 April 2012

Beading fun and a challenge

Firstly I feel I ought to apologize to those who are only interested in the challenge part of this post but I wish to share the beading with a friend and this is the most effective way.  If you do not wish me to combine posts {because it will mean they will be chatty and general rather than the 'specific' challenge ones I generally do} please leave me a comment.

Secondly I have a new blog, please come check it out at Scrumptious Delights

I have over the weekend {now I can see again with new glasses} dug out my beads and as you do on cold wet April days begun beading Christmas Decorations once more.  This lot is, umm, slightly harder than the previous beaded decorations I have made and the process came with lots of choice words and the binning of a certain amount of wire.  However, I have found a personal way of developing my beading.  I am none too keen on the thinner more flexible wire.  I have a tendency to break it and of course it isn't as easily mold-able and won't stay in position.  Due to this I have purchased from Hobbycraft {THANK YOU SUZANNE your suggestion for DST led to a rather large order...well I couldn't not get free postage now could I?}some sturdier wire I am much happier creating the decorations with this opposed to what came in the kits.  Okay so here goes, some pics of the most recent decorations I've been making, well technically it is only the one as it took me most if not all of Sunday afternoon to do the one 'wreath'.  I also decided to document my progress through photography and I admit to feeling smugly pleased with the finished result given how it looked at the start.  The snowflake/star is one I finished from a long overdue project.








Oh yes and now for the Make My Monday Blog Challenge entry!





6 comments:

  1. LOVE those beaded ornaments! They're fabulous! LOVE that layout, too! How adorable! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sall...LOL at the DST story...just hope it works for you! Your bead work is just amazing and will look gorgeous when that silly seasons comes round.

    Your layouts are so adorable...love all the white space left and the cute images especially the hanging monkey. Thank you for playing with us at Make My Monday again. Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your entry to the Make My Monday, your LO pages are so cute, I loved the crocodile, sauntering across the pages, well he looks as hough he would. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful layout Sall and your beadwork is a real stunner.
    Thanks for joining in over at MMM this week and good luck wishes to you.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Bead wreath, it's looks so expensive and pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh thank you, just a cheap kit made by me so I'm thrilled you said it looks expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall