About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Monday, 13 January 2014

Weird Easel type card



I love this image, it's from Ike's World and it's very 'me' however I feel I could have chosen better colours...but I had some new promarkers I wanted to play with.  I'd like to apologise now that my colouring is not up to scratch I just hope I've hidden it hehe!  I'd also like to say thank you for the opportunity to play with a gorgeous image and for the 'entertainment' value it provided whilst I'm unwell.  I confess to having to get Nan to die cut the frame thingies for me I just couldn't turn the big shot handle and breath.



Anyway here is the card at last!  I've used Docrafts Art deco papers, Ranger distress inks in Bundled Sage and Peacock Feathers.  Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder in arctic bay luster and a do craft ribbon tape thing.  I goggled and checked the author of the quote and printed it myself for matching font colours {yes I am a little obsessed}, gemstones in light green and shades of green erm tea green, pastel and mint maybe?  Sorry my exact colour knowledge of promarkers stretches as far as ohhhh that's pretty. 



I started with a normal a4 sheet of card, the folded it in half, then one side in half for a normal easel card.  I drew around my die cut image and cut it out and then sketched a line behind it on either side to make the easel flap and cut away the excess.  I'm certain there is an easier way so if anyone knows please let me know!  I then, once the die cut shape was glued in place, used a knife and lots of choice words to cut the die cut holes out of the easel flap. 



I stuck the papers and ribbon on the base of the card, die cutting shapes for the quotes again and added some gems to 'prop' the easel shape up so it doesn't slip too far foward...this isn't entirely successful I think I need bigger gems. 




Anyway I thought I'd pop this one in the challenge at Ikes world


And some views from behind and the side to show the easel bit.




8 comments:

  1. Weird or not I think it's great! Your colouring of Ike's image is gorgeous and the Die Cuts make is unique.
    Thanks for sharing with us at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card colouring of Ike's image is great .Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has turned out great Sall! Thank you for sharing with us at IKE's WORLD Challenges xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your instructions Sall. What a great way to post. Thanks for sharing at Ike's World Challenge this week. Your image choice is lovely, the colors you chose are just beautiful with your image as well. Very alive and fun! Best, Samara DT Ike's World Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really great Sall - I love the colour choice :-) The die cuts are gorgeous and this is an brilliant creation. Thanks for choosing to use one of my images and it's FAB to see you playing at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, and thank you so much for showing how you did it...lovely! xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have done an amazing job and sooo much work on this. Just love reading all the deets and such a wonderful turnout. You have convinced me that I now need this image! She is gorgeous in those greens and love the bits of sparkle. Thanks for your lovely card entry at Ike's World Challenges. Shoni - DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous walkthrough of how you created this very beautiful card Sall. I have to admit I love the green, not a common colour so this really stands out in it's originallity hun :) :) :) Thank you for joining us for this Ike's Challenge Anything Goes and good luck hun. Hugs Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall