About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Monday, 31 March 2014

Spring has sprung springing card

Okay so I admit I'm rambling a lot in the title but I don't really know how to explain it {nothing new there then}. 

For this challenge {I'm very happy to finally feeling fit enough to try some crafting} I have coloured using promarkers Ike's image and cut it out.  I stuck it onto a floral paper so it looks as though there is something in the basket.  I then stuck a strip of white card on the back so it will "spring" up and down.

I then cut that tight so there wasn't a border.  I heat embossed a square in green and then cut my own grass blades from it.  Before I backed my card, I cut a small hole in the paper and popped the image in it.  When gluing the paper to the card I missed out the bit under the slidey thing for the springing image.

Once the image was in place I stuck the grass blades on using the heat gun and only gluing the very bottom of the blades. 

I die cut two leaves and hand wrote in green "Spring has Sprung"...I wanted them in the bottom corner but they didn't fit so they went up the top.

This card is for Ike's challenge which can be found here: http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/



7 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are finally starting to feel well enough to enjoy crafting again, I really do love what you have done with this card, only you could think about making a pop up card like this. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at IKE's WORLD Challenges *massive hugs* xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful grass on this! Great sheen and texture. Love the popped up bunny and nice touch w/ the leaves in the corner. Great idea to use dp in the basket. Great card and so glad to have you join us here at Ike's World Challenges. Shoni, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant - what an ultra cool pop up. I really like the look and texture of your grass and that's a lovely paper in the basket. Looks like he's popped up and delivered all his eggs :-D
    So glad to hear that you are feeling better and that you can now enjoy some crafting. :-)
    Thank you for coming over to play along with us at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES.

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card and great design - congratulations!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tell you what Sall..... I can't find a Followers bit on your Blog ! Can you get Shell to set it up maybe ??? :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely project! Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog tonight - much appreciated xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So late with my comments! Lovely, lovely card; thank you for aharing at Ikesworld. xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall