About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Saturday, 24 May 2014

Inspired card making

I was a little nervous but totally intrigued by  Ike's Challenge using a Photo for inspiration.  The photo was great but nothing jumped out at me and it wasn’t until I was pondering it whilst bleeding a clutch in the workshop that the inspiration for this piece hit me…the apples in the photo made me think of the evil queen in Snow White {okay so my obsessive watching of Once Upon a Time has inspired me too!} and the hair of a bedraggled person led me to Act 4 Scene 1 in Macbeth, where the witches gather to cast the spell included in the cauldron is the finger of a birth strangled babe ditch delivered by a drab. 

I have used a witch image of Ike's and coloured the top half using promarkers.  The skirt is die cut apples and coloured with inktense pencils.  My background papers are Docrafts; Tilly daydream and art deco.  I googled bat images, printed, cut and coloured using inktense pencils then wrote a quote from Shakespeare’s Macbeth on them…”Double, double, toil and trouble; fire burn and Cauldron bubble.”  The insert continued the Shakespearean theme with act 4 scene 1 and positioned it rising from a cauldron sat on flames.

There is also a Purple/anything goes challenge at A step into the Dark where this might fall into their category.  









10 comments:

  1. you have made Ike proud this is beautiful and thank you for joining us at A Step In the Dark
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a creative piece - how you made the dress is an inspiration! I've seen your comment about withdrawing but urge you to reconsider and stay in the challenge. (This is entirely your choice of course!) All of us have doubts about our art - I have to try so hard not to compare my own efforts to others - if I did I would never post anything. This challenge (and most others) are not about 'perfection' - they are about inspiring you to join in with something that is entirely your own creation, and that is exactly what you have done here. If you have enjoyed making the piece then that is ALL that matters. Thankyou for joining us at A Step In The Dark - I hope that you choose to stay in the draw and participate again in the future. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sall, I have left you a comment on our challenge blog.. This project is fabulous, love Ike's image. As Teresa has said we do hope that you choose to stay in the draw, we would love to see you join us again at A Step In The Dark soon.

    Hugs Erin DT & Co Owner x

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is fantastic - so ingenious and well thought out. You never cease to amaze me Sal. Such clever thoughts behind your creation. So glad you decided to play with us over at IKESWORLD and you should definitely enter some other CHALLENGES. Were you doing the clutch yourself ???

    Hugs
    IKE x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always make me giggle, yes doing the clutch myself, well helping Dad, I have many many hidden talents or not so much talented as many hidden uses lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow this is really creative! I really love where you want with this theme.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Ike’s world challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous interpretation of the challenge. Such incredible creativity! Thanks for joining us this fortnight over at Ike's World Challenges. I hope you will consider coming back and playing with us again soon. Good luck in the draw.

    Lisa D., IWC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sall... Not only is this a beautiful work of art, your blog showcases your intelligence and attention to creative detail. Well done, you beautiful girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, so I read your comment at A Step in the Dark and just HAD to come see your work. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This is one of the most creative things I've ever seen. I'm familiar with the Ike's Art inspiration photo and your interpretation is BRILLIANT! Very artsy, I'd say. and ASITD just said "Add some purple", which you did. LOVE that hair! FABULOUS, Sall! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is super unique and creative, Sall! Never doubt your talents! Please play along with A Step in the Dark again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall