About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Sunday, 4 May 2014

Photo Mania

As many of you know I have a firm interest in photography {only the basics} and cannot resist a quick snap!

I have chosen to make this scrapbook Layout with Ike's Challenge in mind.  The theme this time for Ike's Challenge is "Things with Wings" and I had very recently snapped a pic of  Ladybird I had rescued.

This has to be the most basic of Layouts and I had a 'sudden inspiration' moment part way through for  a different project.  I tried sketching and it didn't help and as I have no where to put one project while I do another I had to plough on.  I used docrafts butterfly ribbon/washitape as another 'winged' thing.  Ike's image is a bird sitting on the photo of the ladybird.  I have no idea what possessed me to add the buttons!  I should also warn my photo printed strange I suspect I'm low on ink, after considering a reprint I decided the almost blue hue on part of the bush wasn't too bad and I'd go ahead and use it.



The dragonflys are from a mask and I have used a combination of gems and inktense pencils for colouring them.



The ladybirds are a stamp from Docrafts that I have cut out and coloured with promarkers.



The rhyme around the photograph is "Ladybird, Ladybird fly away home your house is on fire and your children all gone.  All except one and that's little Anne and she crept under the baking pan."  The photo is matted on Docrafts Tilly Day dream papers.




Secondly I am AMAZED to say a fellow blogger has asked me to participate in this!  It is my first so I do hope I am doing it right and excitement may take over, sorry.  I don't know many blogs but will name those I can.








1-What is your favorite shape/size of card to make?

None, I like anything that’s different, strange a little difficult and unusual…However, I mostly use little square ones simply because they were on offer when I last bought cards.

2-What tool can you not live without?
My imagination!  I know it’s not a tool in the physical sense but without it I could not make anything.

3-Do you have your own craft room or space?


No craft room but I have a desk in the corner of the living room…some days I hate this and others I love it.
4-Do you only make cards or do you make other types of crafting?
Art journaling, decoupatch, cards, scrapbooking and 3d things…altered photoframes erm I do some parchment too oh and does baking count? I make my own cake toppers etc.

5-What has been your biggest crafting achievment?


Moving forward and not being scared or feeling I’m not clever or confident enough to try something new.
6-What is your favorite craft store or website?
Craft store has to be Craftasmic {Taunton in Somerset} and website would be Ike’s

7-What is your favorite paper that you have that you cannot cut!?
None!  I’m not a big fan of papers, I buy a pack I like I use it and then wait months for another one I like to appear.

8-Do you craft with the tv or music on - what would you be watching/listening to?
I bake  and make cake toppers with music, mostly Mark Moraghan and Sara Ramirez oh Musical sound tracks but occasionally the tv/dvd and then it’s going to be Bones, CSI  or anything with a very very gruesome dead body…the only none dead body programme I really watch is Once upon a time!

9-Do you work outside the home?
That depends on the definition of work, I do lots of things under a title I use called ‘being taken advantage of’.

10-What do you do if you lose your Mojo? 
I used to force my way through it and pressure myself into creating something, in recent months I’ve found myself losing more mojo than I have ever had so I curl up in a chair with a blanket and watch dead bodies.

11-Which is your favorite Digi Stamp company?
Ike’s.  This is because I’m new to Digi stamps and find the whole process complicated but Ike is wonderful and very very supportive and helpful, the best customer service in the world!

Find out more about my creative side HERE!







I will be nominating 5 people to answer these same questions.  It's a great way in our community to get to know one another's blog, and something about each other that we would not likely know.


Sal

8 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! Thank you for the nomination! What an honour! I am very humbled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous !! I think the 'strange' print of the photograph (as you call it) works so well... it looks like a special effect :-) Such a fun idea and I really like the way you put the poem around the picture. Great little ladybirds too :-D
    Thank you for the shameless 'plug' you gave me in your Award questions. Congrats on getting a nomination and I really loved your frank answers :-)

    Thank you for playing along again at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES.

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it I like the way you have added Ike's Wren.Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project! The almost blue hue on part of the bush to me looks awesome. Like it should be there. Nice layout and all of your embllies, even the buttons LOL! Thank you for sharing your beautiful art work with us at Ike's World Challenges! Stay Crafty!
    Peace,
    KristyLee
    (IWC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sall, you took a wonderful photo...very abstract and fits so beautifull! I love ladybugs...I learned about life from them. A patient I worked with for a year, who was dying, asked me to not kill another one until after she died. I got a tattoo on my arm of one and learned that lesson. So seeing your picture makes me think of all the really wonderful things in life and love. You have matched things up so beautifully Sall. And...what are you doing where you feel so taken advantage of? I feel sad for that! But am SOOOOO glad that you feel so great about your mojo right now! keep it up Sall - we all support you at Ike's. Thanks for entering here. Always a pleasure. Samara DT Ikes World Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! Bravo!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful page! All your creatures came out brilliant. Love that poem and don't think the blue hue looks bad at all. Thanks for using Ike's bird image in a fabulously creative way. Appreciate your entry here at Ike's World Challenges. Shoni, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely layout Sall The embellies are perfect! Thank you for playing along with us at IKE's World challenges x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall