About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Friday, 20 June 2014


Well I've said for a while now I wanted to try out some darker crafting and it appears that I have not only jumped in but taken the quickest route possible via the death slide if you will excuse the pun.   It seems somewhat appropriate that my plunge into the dark is for Ike's World Challenges, this time the theme is Monochrome and mine is grey. 

I've used the Cut and Craft Kitchen template again...this time I elongated the table and added an extra set of legs for it.  I used the sink unit for a sink and cupboards.  I used part of the small wall for the body fridge, the large walls for walls and well I confess I hadn't printed the sink so I'm very sorry but I 'botched' that myself.  I used a window template to the extractor fan.

The notes pinned to the wall above the table are just some bought pegs and hand written bone names.   I've used Ike's Skelly Gossip image which I have totally obliterated by cutting the bones into sections and placing them on the table ready to layout in order.  I've used various shades of grey promarker and acrylic paint for the walls, fridge, sink, doors, fan and notes.  The table is heat embossed to give a metalic finish doorknobs etc are tiny gems.  Oh and the sink has the stain of blood, also matching the monochrome colour theme, to give this a gloopy appearance I used glittered texture paste.

I have loved and fretted over this project but am pleased with it's simplistic design and hope it's a massive step in the right dark direction.  However, there is one downside, my lipreading tutor is slightly concerned that I think there is a fruit that is the shape of a coffin {yes okay so I FULLY admit I'd had an idea on how to do cut up the skeletons for this project part way through the lesson and my brain wandered} and I need to concentrate on the task in hand a little harder....shhh don't tell her I'm laughing at that!

Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Song Title

Well I should confess I got kind of excited with the theme for Ike's challenge and knew exactly wanted I wanted to do and what image to use.  I'll let you guess the song I based this card on.

For this card I used the following

  • Black soot distress ink
  • Faded jeans distress ink
  • Old paper distress ink
  • Tea dye distress ink
  • Stormy Sky distress ink
  • White glitter
  • Silver glitter
  • Iridescent gold H2Os
  • Shades of Purple Promarkers
  • Ike's spanish dancer image 

For this I've typed the lyrics to the song out and printed it.  Distressed the lyrics with tea dye and old paper ink.  I've also printed Ike's image and coloured it before cutting out.

I masked an area off and distressed inked the background adding glittery stars.  and painted the area I masked off with H2O's.  Then I stuck the lyrics and image on.

 Okay so at this point I should probably tell you what the song I chose is.  Well it's Nicky Campbell's Moonlights back in style sung by Mark Moraghan... Click for a you tube clip or you can find the lyrics here.