About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Song Title

Well I should confess I got kind of excited with the theme for Ike's challenge and knew exactly wanted I wanted to do and what image to use.  I'll let you guess the song I based this card on.

For this card I used the following

  • Black soot distress ink
  • Faded jeans distress ink
  • Old paper distress ink
  • Tea dye distress ink
  • Stormy Sky distress ink
  • White glitter
  • Silver glitter
  • Iridescent gold H2Os
  • Shades of Purple Promarkers
  • Ike's spanish dancer image 

For this I've typed the lyrics to the song out and printed it.  Distressed the lyrics with tea dye and old paper ink.  I've also printed Ike's image and coloured it before cutting out.


I masked an area off and distressed inked the background adding glittery stars.  and painted the area I masked off with H2O's.  Then I stuck the lyrics and image on.



 Okay so at this point I should probably tell you what the song I chose is.  Well it's Nicky Campbell's Moonlights back in style sung by Mark Moraghan... Click for a you tube clip or you can find the lyrics here.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Sall, this is just stunning, a beautiful creation to go with the lyrics of your chosen song. Love the way you have displayed the lyrics and created the background to fit in so well fit in with them, just awesome :) :) :) Good luck in this fortnights IKEsWORLD challenge hun. Hugs Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you did your moon. Great coloring on Ike's image. I have not tried the tea dying yet yours turned out wonderful! This project is just awesome! Thank you for playing in Ike's World Challenges!
    Peace,
    KristyLee
    (IWC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sall - I know the things we talked about re you being inspired in your art but baby - the student is surpassing the teacher by a long shot! This is outstanding! You are not only coming up with great coloring, images to use, but your innovation on HOW you use the different materials is glorious! I love what you have done with what looks (has the look) of parchment and is just perfect for the song and lyrics. I love the way you wrote your post in a guessing way...I really was "working the program" to figure out what song it was. At first I thought "I could have danced all night" then "La Bamba" then was wracking my brain for Spanish songs. This is not only brilliant, talented but hugely FUN! You are amazing Sall...And I love your blog background. Isn't it fun when you get your feet all comfy in blogland how you can just go and "change" something and do what YOU want and not worry about what others think? It feels to me Sall as though you are completely owning your blog, your work, your words and we are simply invited now into your gallery. I LOVE IT!!!!! Good Luck my friend. I have valued this journey with you on a personal level that you have shared, re what this all means to you, inspirations and where you are now! Keep up the great work Sall. It's contagious! Thanks for coming to IKES WORLD CHALLENGES! Samara DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card.... truly stunning. BDx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your project is totally cool. I especially love the cool moon and stars background and of course the way you distressed the lyrics. Beautiful job! Thanks for joining us this fortnight over at Ike's World Challenges. I hope you will consider coming back and playing with us again soon. Good luck in the draw.

    Lisa D., IWC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year from CIO challenge blog…your project is sweet... stop by and play with us again <((><
    http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall