About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Thursday, 3 July 2014

Help it's the Spanish Inquisition








Christmas in June feels late to me, I normally start prepping for Christmas around New Year’s Eve!  When I first saw this image the first thing I thought of was to print it as large as possible and decorate it as a cone angel I used to make as a child.  Then I calmed down and thought about it and decided to go with a scrap page…the only minor problem is I can’t seem to stop singing Angels from the realms of glory now!  Okay I’ll stop waffling now but I have some questions later if You would be so kind as to point me in the right direction please?  This is to be entered in to Ike's Challenge



To make this page I used:

Gold Glitter
Iridescent Gold H2Os
Gold H2O’s
Silver and gold mirri card
Christmas cuttlebug embossing folder
Mini tiny mini beads
Ribbon



I printed cut to size and glued together in the weird shape my Christmas angel and tree photos, then matted them on silver mirri card.  I used the cuttlebug embossing folder for the gold embossed mirri card bits and stuck them on before gluing the matted photos on top.  I used a red ribbon to for the base of my title, “Angels from the realms of glory” which I hand painted using H2O’s.  The angels were printed in passport size and cut out and decorated with either iridescent gold H2O’s, beads and gold glitter.



Now for some horrible questions sorry.

What kind of card can I use for wax resist?  I have some wax paper I wish to emboss on and then iron over so it resists ink.

If a product is made by a specific company e.g. in the case of wax paper papermania, they suggest using the reverse of their make mirri card, I’ve tried a different make and it didn’t work.

When painting something wooden is it necessary to always use gesso? 

Can I stamp directly onto acrylic paint?

Thank you and sorry for the Spanish inquisition.


7 comments:

  1. Such a lovely page Sall and the little angels look gorgeous. You've got me singing that now !!!
    Thank you for playing along at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-D

    As for your questions;
    I have never used waxed paper coz I can't get it here, so I am no use on that one !!

    If I am painting on wood, I usually 'prime' it with any old white paint I got (I have Gesso now so would probably use that too). If you try and paint straight on, you sometimes find that some colours/paints will soak into the wood - depending on what wood you are using. MDF is a pretty smooth surface and doesn't soak much up, but anything is better with a primer coat first :-D

    I would say yes you can stamp onto acrylic paint, but it would probably have to be with a pigment based ink rather than a water based one or else the ink will try and collect itself into little beads coz acrylic is waterproof.
    Does that make sense ???

    Hope that helps a bit and hopefully you will get some other advice from other crafting Peeps :-D

    Huggies

    IKE xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely page - bravo!
    Great idea with the little angels!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your page and how you did Ike's Art Angel! So cool looking. I don't know most of the answers to your questions sorry. Thank you for joining us at IWC- Ike's World Challenges!
    Peace,
    KristyLee
    (IWC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, so very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your angels turned out just lovely. I love all that sparkly goodness that you added to them. Thanks for joining us this fortnight over at Ike's World Challenges. I hope you will consider coming back and playing with us again soon. It is always wonderful to see your projects!

    Now I'm afraid the only question that I can answer is about painting on wood. Since wood is naturally porous if you don't prime it, the paint tends to soak in. Additionally you run the risk of acids leaking in from the wood yellowing the paint. Personally, after I've sanded I just use a sealer / primer that is specifically meant to be used with acrylic paints. I've never used gesso but I understand that can be just as effective. Sorry I can't help you out with the other questions.

    Lisa D., IWC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Sall! With each creation you are more and more inventive. I love how you play and invent. I won't attempt to answer the above questions as my teamies are far more educated than I in these matters lol. hugz samara dt iwc

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love seeing what you all have done with Ike's sweet little angel! Lots of work on the page and it turned out beautifully. Amazing detail on all the wings. Metal pieces are perfect for this page.

    For the wax paper resist the way I have done it you need glossy card stock.
    Crinkle up wax paper.
    Place it between two pieces of glossy card stock so that the glossy sides of each piece are facing the crinkled wax paper.
    Iron. I do flip to the other side.
    Wax paper can now be discarded.
    Add ink to card stock with a blending tool or brayer.
    Wipe excess ink with paper towel.
    Use StazOn for stamped images over background.

    Not sure about the last two. Hope this helped a little.
    You have a wonderful entry for this round here at Ike's World Challenges!
    Shoni, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall