About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Card in a box for Anything Goes at Ikes World Challenges

Heya everyone!

For this project I have used:

  • Spanish dancer from Ikes Art
  • Ice skater from Ikes art
  • A Paper Mache box
  • White prescored card
  • Gesso
  • Dusty Concord distress ink
  • Shaded Lilac distress ink
  • Orchid purple promarker
  • Putty Promarker
  • Lime Green promarker
  • Lavender Lace liquid pearls
  • Purple Ribbon
  • Die cut leaves and flowers coloured with promarkers

Before I talk about the mundane process of making this, I suggest you pop over to Ike's world challenges have a look at the challenge, check out the freebie and participate in the best challenges ever!  {No I'm not biased, I used to VERY nervously do the challenges myself and I promise every is very nice and kind!}

Now on to the mundane stuff!  I bought the box and covered it in a thin layer of gesso, so thin it dried almost instantly.  Then I used ink dusters but you can use cheaper alternatives to mix a combination of dusty concord and shaded lilac onto the box.

After this I used lavender lace liquid pearls to create a freehand dotted design on the box. 


I coloured the printed images and stuck them on the lid of the box with some more dotted pearl designs.  I placed a ribbon around the edge of the box lid and added some die cut flowers and leaves to the corners, coloured with promarkers.






For the card inside I measured the box and cut it to the size required, I then used a simple backing paper and added some gems in the lime green and purple colours I was using throughout.  Having coloured the ice skater in the same colours I stuck her on and hopped the simplicity doesn't mean it looks too unthoughtful although it is in the recipients favourite colours.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful project Sall, I love the colours you've used. xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation Sall, you box is just heavenly. I imagine the lucky recipient is going to be over the moon to receive this, I know I would :) :) :) Hugs Mimi, your Ike's World teamie :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW sall - that is gorgeous. I LUV the colour and the pretty feminine design. Those liquid pearls are amazing - I may have to get me some of that !!! :-D
    Great to have you with me on the DT :-)
    Hugz
    IKE x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall