About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Tuesday, 7 October 2014

Around the world

This week at Ike's world challenges we are off around the world.  There's a fabulous freebie over at the blog to help you along with your entry so please do join us.  

For my piece I have decided I wanted to travel and subsequently went to Spain and Greece...okay I admit it I just couldn't choose between the images they are all stunning.


I had a wooden tool box that I hated the colour was very hot pink and I am NOT a pink kind of girl.  So I started by covering it with several layers of Gesso...nope that didn't cover it so I took to using tissue paper as decoupatch papers...nope that wasn't going to cover it either so in the end I used eight layers of tissue paper to cover it but in the right light you can STILL see the darn pink base.  



I covered the edge with washi tape/ribbon stuff and hoped it would stick, it does sometimes.  The handle is also covered in the same stuff.  I printed, cut and coloured the greek men and women before gluing them on one side and the spanish dancer was coloured and stuck on with double sided tape.  I then filled the toolbox with jam jars and a kilner jar for all my craft tools, tapes and glues oh and the cropodile.



I hope you have all enjoyed noising at my strange creation this week and pop over to join us at Ike's world challenges.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall