About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Friday, 3 October 2014

Pet Shop

Firstly I'd like to point out that no Jam, Quiche or Bread burnt during the making of these projects...should evidence be required there will be a pic of the Jam and bread gift set on my facebook page The Crafty Baker

Secondly I want to thank Ike for the amazing images, I have a minor oh okay a MAJOR addiction to these...THANK YOU!

Anyway I have created three projects {all of them quick} with some of these wonderful images.

My first project is a tag....okay an oversize tag.  I've used distress ink for the background and written with promarker {note for next time find a different pen the nibs too thick for my handwriting} "If I look dead will she leave me alone?".  My plan is to send this to a very good friend of mine who has to 'control' me when around fish.  The first time I went to her place I went and sat on the floor by her fish tank and tapped the glass talking to them.  Anyway I printed and coloured the fish bowl and the fish using promarkers, and added ribbon to the top of the tag.

 My second piece is an art journal page, some of you know I'm being challenged {well it's one way of phrasing it} at the moment and I'm trying to use art journaling as a way of relaxing so I can craft.  Well these images were just perfect for getting me to relax but also because this fitted today's mood oh so well.  The sign in the pet shop is 'failure' and the pet shop owner has an order for a replacement brain...a brain that doesn't fail!  





My third and final piece is a quick little card, I've wanted to fill a nice cauldron with 'ingredients' for a very long time and this is my opportunity.  I couldn't resist using a Macbeth quote for the witch as she created her potion.




So now that I've inundated you with some of my favourite images here is the rest of the design team with their take on the images.  Don't forget to follow the blog hop through, leaving comments of love and then return to Ikes world challenges leave your name in the comments for a chance to win the new images.




15 comments:

  1. If I look dead.... perfect senti wonderful projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo FABULOUS - I think the fish one is hysterical (stop tapping on that glass - hahahaha)I think I could sometimes do with a new brain - I might just visit him. That cauldron one just make me laugh out loud.... it's Glen Close the Bunny Boiler in disguise bwaahahahaha !!! LoL

    Thank you very much for doing these wonderful creations Sall.
    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic creations you made with the new Pet shop zombies! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you're having a challenging time Sal. Glad you found playing with these fabulous images so relaxing. I especially love the fish quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Three great projects and all so different. Totally cracked up at the fish tag. Great journal page and the card is brilliant. Fabulous work. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so clever! Love the fish one--sometimes I think that about my teenage children--if I play dead will they leave me alone?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Totally reminded me of the Bugs Bunny cartoon with hasenpfeffer stew! Brilliant makes, but that last one really sticks in my teeth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love the Macbeth project, amazing detail! The goldfish is too funny! Must be how they all feel. Thanks for sharing!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all three projects - I think the fish is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these projects are amazing! i love all of them. you have done so much work in each and every one of them and they are stellar. I love how you do the 3D work Sall. all your projects are unimaginably creative and out of the box!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah, zombie combined with classic Shakespeare.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oH my Yes, I love them ALL! Great cards that showcase awesome images!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome creations. Great coloring and LO and that tag is great.
    Thanks for the chance to win a set of this zombilicious images.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Freaky fabulous creations! They're all so different and bizarre and totally quirky, I LIKE IT ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall