About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Saturday, 8 November 2014

Gearing up for winter

I decided that as I am VERY bored with resting but having a long standing chest infection {almost two months} and Pleurisy perhaps crafting would help keep me seated and therefore resting.  It has kind of worked.  I came across this challenge blog through an entrant into Ike's world Challenges and liked the look of it.  So today I popped over and saw that the Clear it out challenge appeared simple enough. 

As soon as I knew it was called gearing up for winter I had an idea in my head and set about collecting all I would need in a basket {must stay seated as long as possible it helps the breathing} then after settling in the arm chair had a nap. 

A few hours later I stamped and coloured some Tilly Day Dream stamps using inktense pencils.  I used a promarker for the skin.   The background paper is also Tilly Day Dream and the embossed winter/snowflake strip is coloured with peacock feathers distress ink.  I have added clear glitter for a sparkle on the embossed snowflakes but it doesn't show up very well.  Maybe I should have used a blue?

Well that's the gearing up for Winter part sorted, well sort of, some of the stamping is Autumnal but I figured we get ready for Winter in Autumn so it might scrape through.  The metal part is a metal charm snowflake which conveniently covers the stamped snowflake the girl is holding in her hand. 

This is my first time participating in the Clear it out challenge and I want to say thank you for making your blog so welcoming and for making the challenges feel achievable.

Here's a pic {a bad one} of my card.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for playing along @ CIO challenge blog stop by again won't you <((><

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall