About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Merry Creepmas

The challenge this time over at Ikes world challenges is creepmas AKA the dark side of Christmas.  This was a little tricky for me because to me Christmas is all about the sparkle and the colour for me.  I did however have an idea when I saw the nativity set in Ikes store.





I printed the stable multiple times and coloured each one as I wasn't sure how much of each or where I was going to cut the decoupage lines to begin with.  I also printed, the star, stable doors, nativity, Holly fairy, Kings, herod, hay bales, angel and a large holly leaf.  I coloured it all using a combination of promarkers, inktense pencils, h2O's and colour soft pencils, oh and some weird glitter pens that I'm not sure I like, before I started fixing it together. 





I started by sticking the flap of the door behind the nativity and gluing it all in. Then decoupaged the whole walls and roof of the stable.  The last level was just the walls and floor rock/bricks.  I added the Holly fairy to the top brick of the last level of the decoupage and the holly leaf speech bubble.

I didn't like something about it though and ended up leaving it over night.  Over night I decided I didn't like the size of the speech bubble and therefore also had to change my quote because it wouldn't fit.







So I reprinted the holly leaves and added them again, with the Holly Fairy saying King Herod I am ready to do thy work...







After this I added the three kings behind the angel, the star above the stable and my attempt at CREEPmas...Herod is peeking out from behind a haybale, having found Baby Jesus.  I admit it's a pretty feeble attempt at the darker side of Christmas but I guess I tried.



I hope to see you all joining us on this challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Sall - this is amazing .... not such a daft idea after all eh ??!!! It came out awesomely and I think it's extremely clever. A FANTASTIC job - LUV it :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall