About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Sketch

This fortnight over at Ikes World Challenges the requirement is to create using this sketch.



It's that time of year, where the Christmas tree has gone, the evenings are getting lighter and I'm thinking of spring and that bursts of sunshine.  However in my head somewhere is that nagging thought that if I don't get a move on my handmade Christmas will be a disaster.  So it's time to start lists of whose getting what, how many cards are needed and of course to make a start on them.  which is exactly what I did with this challenge.

I have some special friends who get some extra special cards where possible and these always take more time to make so I try to get them done as soon as possible.  Anyway this is my take on the sketch with a Christmas card.


For this card I have used the two images from Ike's Art, Hot Santa and Santa Hunk and I decided that I would go down the all things Christmas route a little further and use a song lyric as a sentiment.



 I used the "all I want for Christmas is you" song lyric and tried to position it and imply that Hot Santa just want's Santa Hunk for Christmas.





I admit I'm unsure how this card will envelope with it's unusual shape but I had great fun making it and I'm sure the recipient will love it.


2 comments:

  1. AWESOME !! This is a brilliant creation - works fabulously with the two images you chose :-)
    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great cards Sall.......I LOVE them. Mgt.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall