About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Tuesday, 3 February 2015

Sea life Blog Hop

Glad you could join us, this set is special to my heart because it's so easy to use and works well as embellishments.



To join in all you have to do is hop around all the blogs,

So first off you are at Crafty Giggles aka Sall

SALL --- You are HERE

Now this depends on if you are starting with me or landed here from the very talented Jane O but all you have to do from me is hop over to the also very talented Mimi Jane {thank goodness for the similar names I can't forget or mix them up}.  From their blogs you can hop all the way around, also taking in Ike's world Challenges.  If you could leave the splendid and talented dt some kindness and love I know they will appreciate it.

So here are my creations....no surprise to some of you I have gone a little crazy with this set.  First up is a simple scrap page that will become part of a made with love gift for a VERY good friend. 

I've printed and coloured the seal life images as embellishments.  I matted the photos onto blue card and stuck them down using DST.  The title is hand written with a glue pen and glitter.









Secondly I've made a gift box,  now I've used the we are memory keepers box punch board for this...it's my new favourite toy.  The boxes are so easy to make and you can decorate them anyway you want.  This time I printed and cut the sealife images, again colouring with promarkers before popping them through the xyron 510 laminating cartridge, this means the fiddly edges are sticky and protected a little from where and tear.









Thirdly I whipped up a mega quick card, and most of you will spot my photographic error here...tips on avoiding it most welcome.  I printed coloured with promarkers and cut the sea horse out.  I die cut the mirri card {wanting a reflective water feel, well I achieved the reflective bit} and glued that on to a simple blue background and taped the seahorse on top.  Lastly I added my current addiction, some liquid pearl dot waves.





For my last project I made an art journal page.  Now I'm told I shouldn't mix my mediums as the card is not suitable for all and I should be using different card for promarkers and watercolours, h2o's, coloursoft pencils, inktense pencils etc...hmm I don't own a complete set of anything so frequently dip in and out of mediums for the colour or style I want...does anyone know why markers and water colours etc are incompatible?  Does it damage them?  All help VERY appreciated.

My journalling reads:

oh to be a starfish wondering along the bottom of the ocean.  nowhere to be no time constraints.  Surrounded by friends.  Watching the tides come and go.  The peaceful relaxing waters calm and barely moving around me getting rougher the closer to the surface they get until they create a frothy white wave crashing against the sea shore.  Rocks stand proud above the tide line offering a little refuge against the waves.  Somewhere to cling on to in the hope that I won't get washed too far up the beach and become stranded on the sand waiting and hoping I'll last until the tide returns and whisks me back into the sea at the mercy of the crashing waves until I find the ocean bed once again.  Safety and security in the calm peaceful waters once again.  This time I'll stay, I'm here for good.  This is my home, it's where I belong.

Typing this up I realise there are a few grammatical errors amongst others and I have no idea at all where that came from, it just seemed to spill onto the page from my brain.





Thank you for joining in the blog hop and I hope you are enjoying seeing the stunning array of talent on your way around.

11 comments:

  1. These are amazing projects Sall and that journal page is soooo brilliant. ! The mirri card photo thing is always a problem LoL It looks like you are inside a tank and taking a photo of what's outside !! LoL
    Thank you very much for making these wonderful projects for me :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pages a great way to showcase the images Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the variety and diversity of your art gorgeous. I also really appreciate your writing...it comes from the heart - so obvious and tells a lot about you. Using Ike's fantastic Sealife as embellies is brilliant! Way to go. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What fabulous projects. Can't choose a fave since they're all just brilliant. Kudos on the fussy cutting and your journaling is amazing. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made some fun projects. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW you have been so mega busy, Just love all the different creations you have made to show how the images can be so versatile, you are awesome :) :) big hugs Mimi Jane xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have had so many ideas and they all look great! My fav is the scrapbook page, images goes perfect with those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow you were busy they all look fantastic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I honestly can't take it all in! So many diverse uses for this wonderful set! And you did each one superbly! Love your journal and the writing...so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful creations! I love all of them. I love the beach so I enjoyed seeing your layouts. Lovely cards. I liked the starfish one a lot. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the things you've done with these stamps....what a great set !
    My fave has to be the Starfish one & the writing with it obviously comes from the heart. Well done....Mgt.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall