About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Sunday, 1 March 2015

Inspiration: Green

The art journal every day facebook event for smeared and smudged inspiration was "green".  At the time I was distracted from crafting by the bright sunshine and the birds flitting around between the holly tree and the fence.  It made me think how spring is on the way and the dull dark greens of ever green trees will be over powered by the bright colours of yellow daffodils and red tulips.  So I used this to turn into an art journal page, I've literally just stamped or swiped forest moss, peeled paint and pine needle distress ink on to the back ground and filled in the blanks with bundled sage.  The grass at the bottom is hand but and covered in bundled sage distress ink.

I've stamped the Raven in ranger perfect medium and used wow black embossing powder for the shiny black finish.  I've coloured over it with festive berries distress stains {my new favourite piece of stash}.  The flower is hand drawn and hand cut coloured with spiced marmalade distress stains and hand written a piece of journalling I made up {sorry} it reads...

After the Green comes the Spring and the Raven Sings

The middle seeds of the flower and the stem are liquid pearls in avocado and ivy greens.  I do have another idea so I may see how that goes and if I get it done in time to share with you all.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome page! I really like your background. Thanks for playing along with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page! Love all the green!
    Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Every Day!!!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall