About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Sunday, 17 May 2015

One Stitch at a time ~ Appreciation

Good Morning, it's appreciation week over at One Stitch at a time, and here is my inspiration.

Image used:

Peacock Profile by Ali Peeps Art

Products used:
Promarkers
Patients Strong insert
Vellum
Gold mirri card
Floral embossing folder
Yellow Ribbon
Spiced Marmalade and seedless preserves distress stain {for the background of the card}
Liquid Pearls
Britania “thank you” die
Pruple gems
White cardstock


This is a really simple card in a friend’s favourite colour.  The image was chosen because it makes me think of her, beautiful as a peacock.  I’ve printed and coloured the image using promarkers.  The background is embossed and matted and layered.  I’ve used a yellow organza style ribbon down the side and some liquid pearls for some opulence.  





I am entering this in the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Sall and wonderful you have based it on a good friend, that makes cards even more special :) :) :) Big hugs, Jane xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card and such a fab image. Very beautiful Sall :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossed background really compliments your image well, thanks for joining us at LOC. Lou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, love the embossed background and the image is colored so beautifully. Thanks for joining us at LOC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, A great card, Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercraft this fortnight.

    Hugs Erin (Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, I really like the background that you created, it looks great. Super image too, Thanx for playing along with us for our Thank You challenge at CC&CC. Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. The image is beautiful, and your coloring is amazing! Thank you for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges.
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and....'thank you' for entering this beautiful card into our current challenge...gorgeous colours and image used...thanks for using the necessary sentiment.
    ♥aNNie...
    {Chocolate Coffee and Cards DT Member}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall