About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Sunday, 31 May 2015

ONe stitch at a time flowers


Image used:

Country Girl by Barb Jenson

                    

Products used:

Promarkers

Distress inks

Floral embossing folder

Floral spellbinders nestability die

Westlife song lyrics for quote

White cardstock

White copier paper

 

I have a connection with art journaling that helps me realx, it comes from my heart and soul.  When I saw the theme was flowers for this fortnights One Stitch at a time challenge I knew I wanted to do something that went a little beyond spring flowers or even summer flowers.  For me flowers symbolise having survived the winter and now we have not only an abundance of colour but an array of vivid green crunchy delicious vegetables to eat, plucked fresh from the newly warmed soil but the first rays of a crystal bright spring sun.  So I’ve used “country girl” by Barb Jenson, she’s coloured with promarkers.  I’ve made my green {for those crunchy green vegetables} background floral embossed and added a bright pink/purple flower as one of the first blooms in spring.  The quote is from a Westlife song, but they may have “covered” in which case I apologise I don’t know the original singer.

 

 
I will try and enter this in the following challenges:
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Awesome Sall, love your thinking behind this creation too hunny, so well thought out. Creations with meaning always seem so extra special :) :) Big hugs, Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page, I too love that winter is finally over!
    Thanks for joining us over at Challenge up your Life!
    Hugs
    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB page Sall and I totally love that embossing folder you used :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Love your coloring and the embossed background. Maggie - DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Barbara Jenson images and great embossed background--Thank you for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall