About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Sunday, 3 May 2015

One Stitch At A Time {OSAAT} Challenge 236 Anything Goes Special Lady

This is my first post for One Stitch At  A Time {I’m am so honoured to be allowed to cover for Nataliya whilst she takes a holiday} and I wanted it to say something about me as well as the theme for the challenge.

The theme this fortnight as One Stitch at a time is anything goes with special lady.  Now I have a few of those in my life, however recently one person has shown me just what a special lady they are through helping me when things got tough.  I send her happy mail a lot and she gets a special birthday card but when it comes to Christmas…the sheer number of cards to be made and sent at the same time means she generally gets a boring handmade card.  I saw the OSAAT challenge theme as a good way to show her how special I think she is at Christmas.

I’ve chosen to use the pilbury snoboy image because the snowman is baking and I love to bake and share cakes {because I’m not that fussed about eating cakes}.  It also shows how I’d love to bake for her and really show this person how much I appreciate her and how special she is to me.

I’ve coloured the image using promarkers.  Vellum is something I don’t use very often so I have inked it using blue distress inks.  I’ve embossed a light blue vellum and glued it on to a sheet of silver mirri card.  Tied a ribbon around it, I’m not very good with tying bows so all tips welcome.  I’ve then adhered the image to the top.  I die cut the snowflake border and used liquid pearls to decorate that and the side of the card.  The sentiment is handwritten and heat embossed, it reads:  Wishing a special lady a Merry Christmas.


Here’s an image for you to look at and thank you for popping by.

13 comments:

  1. That's a fabulous card Sall and I love the chubby snowman and embossed flakes :-D xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to our family Sall, know you have been with us for a wee while now but this is the final bit :) What a fabulous creation and love all the techniques you have used. Your very special friend is going to so love this and appreciate all the love and thought you have put into creating it :) Big hugs, Jane xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. I love the image :) Thank you so much for joining us this week at TTCRD.
    Cindy- TTCRD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Preciosa tarjeta! gracias por participar en RETARTE de Stampartpapel...Feliz semana. PaulaA.López, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, that's so sweet. Thanks for joining in the Fab 'n' Funky Christmas Challenge with your pretty card. Hope to see you in our next challenge too. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card! Love the image and colors you used. Thanks for joining us at the Stamping Boutique Challenge Blog -Annalisa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, welcome to the Team. I will enjoy seeing your creations for the time that you are with us. Love your cute image and card. I love to bake also, so this would be so special. Maggie - DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card! Thank you for playing at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com and hope to see you there in the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, great image thanks for sharing at Alphabet Challenge.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card! Good Luck in the 2 Cute Ink Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, I love that snowflake border die! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely fabolous. Love the design with the embossing, ribbon and blue shades. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our THE STAMPING BOUTIQUE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall