About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Tuesday, 16 June 2015

Earth Wind Fire and Water

This time I'm posting a week early to reveal a VERY special image.  As many of you know the synapses in my brain short circuit and I come up with the strangest things.  When I saw the earth wind fire and water theme I knew there was only one thing I could do and that would be to go down the element route, I chose the Norse Gods of Wind and Fire, a mythical Mermaid for water and my favourite which coincidentally happens to also be the very special image...The Green Man or some of you may know him as Jack in the Green.

This post will give you a sneak peak of Water, Fire and Wind but is predominately about Earth.

I've chosen to make a set of oversized fridge magnets.

Earth had it's background coloured using distress inks, and stamps to make a green leafy and earthy background.

The green man was printed and cut out I then painted his face using H2O's and stickles for his eyes, the rest of him is liquid pearl leaves, using various different green colours of liquid pearl.






To set the scene for the Green Man I used a tree stamp, I stamped it multiple times and used multiple copies of the tree trunk to make a thick old knarly tree trunk and the 'bushy' part of the tree was stamped twice.  I used inktense pencils {badly} to colour the tree.  As I was still going down the earthy element route I added some shrooms growing out the tree, a snail climbing up the trunk and some woodland animals {hedgehogs and rabbit} to complete the piece.




I've also used the Green Man in some scrapbooking.  The scrapbook is about a zoo/animal park but I wanted to bring some natural elements into my pages.

For this page I  simply coloured the green man using a variety of green promarkers and tapped him on to the page.  The rest of the page is simply done with a mask and green distress inks and liquid pearls.







For this one I printed the green man multiple times, again I coloured him wtih green promarkers and cut him out to decoupage him.  The rest of the page is completed with mirri card, liquid pearls and green alcohol inks.




Now I promised a sneak peak of next week {which is really the week I should post my inspiration} and here it is.  This shows all four element fridge magnets together.  Earth Wind Fire and Water.



3 comments:

  1. Marvelous pieces Sall :-) Thanks for showcasing him for me :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You've done an exceptional job with him and the other elements are fabulous as well. xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall