About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Tuesday, 23 June 2015

Earth Wind Fire Water part 2

Hi Everyone, gosh unfortunately for you all I'm back again!

This week we are looking at the remaining elements of wind fire and water.

All the magnets have been made using distress inks, dies and embossing folders.


Fire


 Fire was made using a combination of red and orange distress inks.  I coloured the Norse Fire God wtih promarkers in yellow red orange and skin tones.

I placed the image behind some flames that were die cut {peacock feather spellbinders die} from photo paper and coloured using distress inks in the same colour as the background.

I added an Edgar Allen Poe quote about fire too, it reads:  Each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.


Water

Water has been a huge part of my life forever, water is my natural habitat it's where I relax, where I feel complete.  So there was only ever one option for water...a mermaid.  I've coloured the image using promarkers and added some glitter.  I used a circle embossing folder to create the illusion of water droplets and a swirl die cut for waves, the waves are capped with liquid pearls as are the centres of the water droplets.  The shells are die cut and a little liquid pearl added just for the sake of given them an edge.  



Wind

I created the background using distress inks, stamps and glittery embossing powder.   I coloured the Norse God of Wind with promarkers and die cut the feathers from pearlescent card, I've used liquid pearls in the centre of the peacock feathers.

I've added two wind quotes, the first:  Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May by Shakespeare and the second is:  For why drives on that ship so fast, without or wave or wind.  The air is cut away before and closes from behind.  By Samuel Taylor Coleridge.



Okay and finally yet again here are all four element fridge magnets together.


1 comment:

  1. These are just AWESOME Sall... amazing creations and I would love these on my wall. The peacock feather to make fire is genius :-D

    Hugz

    IKE xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall