About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Sunday, 27 September 2015

Brushos

Brushos are new to me, a friend recommended them and I saw them demonstrated by Lavinia Stamps at Westpoint show at the weekend.  They were used to paint with at the show but I felt there had to be more to do with them.  Most people turn to you tube for help with how to use a product but as the subtitles are not good it is of no use to me I just cannot hear well enough to understand what is going on.  I find written instructions for craft very few and far between, I also find it difficult finding people who understand to help me interpret you tube demo's or point me in the direction of written instructions they may have stumbled upon.

Thanks to Google I came across this ladies blog:  http://stampsandstencils.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/brushing-up-on-brushos.html she actually has written instructions with photos.  I genuinely could have cried when I found it because for the first time since I have started crafting {15 odd years ago} I feel as though I can understand a new product at the same time as others are.





For this project I followed one of the instructions on the stamps and stencils blog.  I sprayed the page with water and then sprinkled the brushos on top before spritzing again with water.  I dabbed it dry using kitchen towels and the finished it as a typical scrapbook layout.  I added silver gems to some of the big drops of brusho to give it a water like sparkle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall