About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Sunday, 20 September 2015

One Stitch at a Time ~ Leaves


I couldn't resist doing an art journal page about autumn and my love for the changing colours when the theme of leaves occured for http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ challenge. 

The image I chose to go wtih this is Pretty in Sari by My heart pieces.  To me she has wings and has become my gorgeous Autumn fairy; coloured with promarkers. 

The leaves in brown are  a mask and inked with distress inks similar to the sunset background.  I have also die cut a variety of backgrounds in autumnal colours.

I wrote the sentiment/quote myself and it reads:  "Let Autumns golden glory raise you up to fly free."





I am entering this in the following challenges:

Sentiments:
http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

Anything Goes:
http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

Autumnal colours:
http://disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/




7 comments:

  1. She is so lovely. The colors are gorgeous and I love the look of your page. Hugs, Maggie, DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great journal page Sall - really fun images and fall colors. Thank you for sharing your project and creativity with us at Aud Sentiments for our ATG challenge!
    ~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT
    Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Sall, what a super background you have created for this journal page :) Big hugs, Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool background you have created for this page! Great fall colors, perfect! Thanks for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments, hope to see you for our next challenge too!
    Jennifer, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sall - I've got one of my other DT hats on today - I love your card, the background is so beautiful and the image and sentiment are perfect! Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (Anything Goes) Challenge thismonth, lots of luck to you. Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fall project!

    Thanks you for playing along with us at Di's Digis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page.....love the sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck.
    hugs Jo x
    Dt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall