About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Sunday, 15 November 2015

Thanksgiving at One Stitch at a Time



It is a Thanksgiving challenge over at http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

Whatever you want to give thanks for is acceptable and for me this was friendship.  I sent this special card to a good friend who is always there for me.

I printed the pumpkin image multiple times and stacked them on a cake stand, a partial stamp that should have had a cake on it.  I added some leaves for the natural look.

For the inside of the card I enlarged and printed the pumpkin again, then "carved" the words Thanks Giving into and folded the card so it "popped" out.

My quote is a Ralph Waldo Emmerson one about giving thanks.

For each new morning with it's light
For rest and shelter of the night
For healthy and food
For love and friends,
For everything thy goodness sends.
For flowers that bloom about our feet;
For tender grass, so fresh, so sweet;
For song of bird, for hum of bee;
For all things fair we hear or see,
Father in Heaven we thank thee!
Ralph Waldo Emmerson

8 comments:

  1. What a super sweet project you have for us today, so well thought out and put together a fabulous Creation Beautiful in every way, we are so lucky you have entered our art by miran challenge
    so beautiful to look at good luck hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Sall, and I just love the quote you have added, a really great Thanksgiving card :) :) :) Big hugs, Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and so creative. The quote is fabulous and I'm sure your friend will treasure it along with your friendship. Maggie, DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative and wonderful. I too like the quote. Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Stunning card. Nice colours. Thanks for joining us at CWF.

    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT Crafting with Friends
    https:knutselmeisjes.blogpsot.be

    May I ask you to use this link to participate to the challenge http://crafting-with-friends.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/challenge-10.html

    Thanks !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is fabulous! I love how you stacked the pumpkins:) Thank you so much for playing along with us at Crafting With Friends. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice project and so glad you shared it over at Catch the bug

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful!! I love all the details you put into it and your coloring is lovely! Thank you so much for taking part in our Art by MiRan Challenge ♥

    ArtByMiran Challenge Blog DT
    ♥CharmingChicCards♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall