About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Sunday, 10 January 2016

Anything but Square/Rectangle

Happy New Year everyone!   This will be my first post of 2016 and I am afraid it's a busier than normal post.  I like to keep things separate normally, it's my ocd for organisation but I haven't had the opportunity to blog over the Christmas period, so I'm going to add a few bits onto my upcoming posts for a little while. I just hope that you don't get too bored with me!

Firstly it's Anything but sqaure/rectangle fortnight over at:  One Stitch at a time.  It may be January but I'm slowly getting into the preparations for Christmas 2016 {I never like to be rushed} and therefore I am altering the tired old red cracker boxes and sprucing them up in time for Christmas.

I have four triangular boxes of two sizes that I use {these will be updated again to something else in the next 2 years} to pop a treat, gift, joke and hat in.  Because they are triangular in shape they are blooming awkward to decorate and although I tried to airbrush I ended up sponge painting them oh and for the record red is blooming hard to cover even using gesso!    The image is Holly girl from Cootsy Creations.




I am entering the Triangular boxes in the following challenges:

http://artbymiranchallenge.blogspot.ca/

http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/  If someone pops over here from the just us girls challenge blog could you please explain where I find the image for thumbnail?  I chose generic as I'm not a technical person and finding the image would have confused me,  I have only ever used a link thing where the image appeared automatically sorry.

http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.co.uk/


As many of you know I love baking and this year I set out with the intention to make/bake things I could eat over the Christmas period.  I've had to go mostly dairy free in recent years and last year discovered that odd treat will hurt and I will have to go completely dairy free.  With this in mind I made a cheats Christmas cake.  A carrot cake using all the spices of Christmas but made with oil rather than butter, I just decorated with a brandy frosting {using goats butter, I only have to avoid cows dairy luckily} and holly leaves.



I also managed a dairy free yule log using dairy free chocolate and because I appear to have issues with cream no matter what animal produces it I used milk and butter {goats} for the chocolate ganache.


Since Christmas I have been busy making some thank you cards for those who sent/gave me gifts and for those who have been wonderful, generous and kind supportive friends in 2015 and who I am proud to take into 2016 with me.  Here is a sample made from some crafting goodies a penpal sent me:




10 comments:

  1. Wow you have been a busy lady Sall. The triangle boxes are a great idea. And your other projects are fabulous too. Hugs Christine OSAAT Teamie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your triangle boxes. Such fun to do something different. Sorry about your dairy issues. I spent a number of years lactose intollerant so I know what you are going through. Mine cleared up though so now I get to eat ice cream again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super blog post :) love how you have overcome the difficulties with the triangular boxes and that you shared that with us :) :) Thank you so much for the awesome job you have done with the Coosty image treasure. Super big hugs, Jane xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sall! Those gift boxes are fabulous, and kudos to you for gesso-ing them in red! Our graphic is towards the top of the blog post, you should be able to copy and paste it. For some reason, Blogger has been messing around with the post, but it seems to be in working order now! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The treat boxes are adorable! Your efforts seem to have paid off!
    And for the record, the cake and yule log look delicious!
    Great post!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Brown Sugar. Hugs Traci DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy! Love the Anything But Square/Rectangle project! Thank you for sharing it with Scrappers Delights!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These little triangular boxes are gorgeous Sall. I am a big fan of making little boxes etc and those images are so cute as well. Only one thing I don't like about your blog and that is all of those mouth-watering pictures of cakes and biscuits etc. I am dribbling copiously onto my keyboard missus! Seriously though, I could eat all of it so I am only joking about not liking your blog! LOL.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx (OSAAT teamie)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely boxes. Have to try that one day.... Thx for joining us at Scrappers Delights challenge and god luck. /DT Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall