About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Sunday, 3 April 2016

Distressing and a Wet and Painful Charity Road Run

I firmly believe that distressing is open to the interpretation of the individual and sometimes that includes bright colours.  In this instance I have gone down a sort of traditional road and chosen browns.

My image is bath time from Stitchy bear outlet and you can the challenge for this fortnight here!



I am entering this in the following challenges:

http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

http://craftyfriendschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

http://littleclairesdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2016-03-19T08:00:00Z&max-results=10

Many of you will know I have an interest in all things historical and this extends to supporting my Dad in his ventures with Vintage Agricultural Vehicles.   I fill in paperwork, search for original owners to obtain lost log books, research the history of a vehicles {mainly tractors} and in some cases turn up regardless of the weather with a camera to photograph the tractors.  In this instance it was an organised road run for charity.  {Devon Freewheelers, Devon Air Ambulance and St Lukes Hospice}.

Easter Sunday started with vividly bright sunshine and as I loaded the car {with tripods, cameras, snacks {it was going to last over 4 hours}, blankets {I was taking my disabled elderly Grandmother along for the ride}, spare batteries, waterproofs, spare coffee flasks, trolley jack, spare diesel and yes the list goes on and on and on} I was hopeful that the day would be a huge success and the weather would hold.  I was WRONG VERY WRONG...we had been in position less than an hour when the first tractors came through earlier than expected so it was a mad dash to get the camera on the tripod and in position.

After that it all went down hill...hailstones, fairly big and oh boy did they hurt as I used my hands and whatever else I could lay my hands on to shield the camera from the unexpected down pour.  It didn't last more than ten minutes but it took three days to feel my hands again properly.  I rather stupidly thought we might be over the worst of the weather, yet again I was wrong...torrential rain saw me ditch my waterproof going down to a long sleeve top and body warmer so that I could use the waterproof to protect the camera from what turned into a 40 minute torrential rain downpour.  I was soaked and frozen to the bone quite literally and it took almost five days to warm up again!

I did manage to get some good photos though, both of the tractors and the weather.   Also by some stroke of luck, magic or perhaps the fact that I was doing this for no thanks at all and suffering greatly at the hands of the weather the camera survived it's first and hopefully last introduction to the ever changing and very temperamental English Weather.

Needless to say I am VERY proud of all the men and women who stuck this route out for twice as long as I did in horrible weather conditions.
























































3 comments:

  1. Fabulous project with so many wonderful details! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us in the Crafty Friends "Anything Goes" challenge!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, Crafty Friends DT
    Love To Scrap!
    Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
    Really Reasonable Ribbon DT
    House of Cards DT
    Crafty Friends DT
    My Crafting Stories DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hands may have been frozen, but what wonderful memories you've shared. Thank you for your suffering LOL.
    Lovely card too.

    And your lovely comment on your visit to me
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card you made. And glad everything worked out on your rainy dreary day.
    Hugs, your teamie from OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall