About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Sunday, 12 June 2016

Layer it up et al

I should warn you all this could be a very long blog post as I've lots to share this week.  I will start with my piece for One Stitch at a time and the challenges I've entered pieces in so everything else can be scrolled through and ignored.

It is layer it up fortnight at:  One stitch at a time

I have chosen to use the Vintage Rose Papers from Cootsy Creations.  I fell in love with these when I first saw them and had been waiting for the right opportunity to come along to use them.  The rose is embossed on to Vellum and coloured using coloursoft pencils.

The copyright on the verse is to me because I wrote this one.  I am quite enjoying writing them at the moment.






I am entering this in the following challenges:

http://avenue613.blogspot.co.uk/ ~ Anything Goes with a twist.  Easel Card, Sentiment was written with a special person in mind {does that could as thinking of you?} and not sure it counts but metalic on the liquid pearl dots?

Dragonfly Dreams ~ Say it with Flowers

Little patch of crafty friends ~ Anything Goes

Next up are some tags I've worked on this weekend.  A friend inquired about brushos so I decided to have a play and show her what they are along with some of my other newer stash products.  I'll explain each one after the tag:


For this one I used lemon, scarlett and orange brushos, I made a lemon background and added the scarlett and orange after, spritzing with water again as needed.

The left tag has a honeycombe mask with a blue gilding polish on it and the right hand one is supposed to be a wave mask using glittery blue texture paste.  I made the texture paste using clear paste and glitter.



This one is using carved pumpkin, wilted violet, squeezed lemonade and mowed lawn distress inks and a peacock die and a leaf mask.


Left side:  lemon, orange and scarlet brusho background and glittery blue texture paste.

Right side: carved pumpkin, fossilized amber, festive berries distress ink background with black glittery texture paste.


Both are lemon, orange and scarlet brusho backgrounds.

Left Side:  Smeared Ink stamp using picket fence distress ink and Derwent metallic pencils and some sunset gilding flakes on the side.

Right Side: A craft stamper stamped flower done with sunset gilding flakes.

Luckily that's it craft wise from me today.  However I had a day at the zoo with the lipreading group on Thursday and here are a few pics.











































 Bob and Barbara





3 comments:

  1. Great job, thanks so much for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, love it.

    Cheers,
    Leanne DT/LPCF

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful layers! I love those papers too.

    Thank you for joining us at Li’l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Sall...very pretty, & the 'Brushos' are explained now - never heard of them before but I love the effect.
    It looks to have been a great day at the Zoo....the dift monkeys, the baby giraffe (ahh) & the Cheetah - my favourite....Mgt.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall