About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Sunday, 17 July 2016

Cards for fun and birthday cards


Okay so some step by steps in this blog post so please hold on in there.



I inked the piece of card using:  Peacock feathers, Picked raspberry and shaded lilac distress inks, then popped it through the cuttle bug to emboss the swirls.


I stamped and heat embossed using a tropic pearl embossing powder the floral background.  I then inked using Carved Pumpkin and squeezed lemonade distress ink.  I stamped the tree image and layered it all up then added some gems.



For this one I stamped the skull and heat embossed with tropic pearl before distress inking with fossilized amber, candied apple and mustard seed.

I stamped and black heat embossed the carnival guy with the snake and then coloured him using the same colours of distress ink.  He is matted on black card.




The "happy birthday" is die cut from white card coloured with gilding polish.  I added gems to make the card extra special.  The photos show the blue version of the gilding polish that I've used on the card below.  The same method was used for this card, just a different background stamp.



The next card I used brushos as the background paper.  First off I sprinkled the Yellow brushos on the water colour card:


Then I spritzed with water:




I sprinkled Emerald Green on top of the yellow


Spritzed more water where needed


Soaked up the excess water with kitchen paper


Left it to dry


Then I used it to make the backing paper on this card:


I added some gems to the base of the easel to make it look special.  The background is using a butterfly stamp with tropic pearl heat embossing, cracked pistachio, fossilized amber and salty ocean distress inks.

The image is an old docrafts stamps coloured wtih distress inks and mounted on black card.

The sentiment is another gilding polish die cut.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall