About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Wednesday, 6 July 2016

Sewing and sharing.

I wanted to share this with any of you who take the time to read this blog but as it has recently been drawn to my attention that there is a serious lack of faith in humanity I'm not entirely sure I'm allowed to share this with you.  I bought this as a panel and have cut and sewn it myself but I didn't think whilst in store to check the copyright on it.

I'll be honest with you it NEVER crossed my mind I'd need to check a copyright, it's going to be hung in my home for guests to see over the festive season, it is after all a Scandi stocking advent calendar. If I hang it do I also break any copyright infringements?  I presume not after all I cannot be the only person to buy one.

My attention was brought to this issue of copyright and more bluntly the illegal sharing of images presumable this is just digital or does it come under photographing images too?  I'm not really sure if I'm honest but I do know that as soon as it was mentioned my heart broke and part of my soul was destroyed in the harshest possible way.  I'll never get that back.

I am generally a suspicious person, it's my safety net because I have a hearing issue I try to see the fault before it occurs because dealing with that fault is traumatic and often requires a lot of help taking away my much striven for and needed independence.  Yet despite this it still never occurs to me when I stumble across something if it's "legal" or if it breaks copyright.

This lack of trust in humanity has never been an issue in crafting for me and the pain is physical when it's mentioned.  I remember decades ago it was all about sharing products, supporting one another and being helpful, now it feels like a competition and is stressful because of all the don't do this, don't do that.  Maybe it's my religious upbringing that makes me see others in a positive light, helping, sharing, caring or maybe I'm just a gentle soul who believes in the good things in life either way the harsh competitive world of crafting can be soul destroying for this little being so it's with mixed emotions, a heavy heart and damaged soul that I share this, the first of my 24 Scandi Stockings Advent Calendar.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall