About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Tuesday, 15 November 2016

Remembrance

It's Remembrance or Military fortnight over at Ike's World Challenges.  This is an important one for me, Remembrance means a lot to me.  I live in the world as it is today because my ancestors, my family gave their lives to make sure we could have what was being taken away from them and subsequently us.  No matter what their views on war they went and gave everything for a person they had and in some cases never would meet.  It wasn't just adult men who fought but boys lied about their age and claimed they were over eighteen in order to fight to protect their country, their families, and us the unborn, the unknown.  I've created a journal page using some special images from Ike's art store and added some WW1 and WW2 facts and Remembrance poems.




2 comments:

  1. You are so right Sall that many of us would probably not be here if it wasn't for our Heroes, male and female. :-) This is a gorgeous piece and thank you very much for making it for me at IWC. :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sall this is incredible! I really love what you wrote Sall - it is really something to ponder and the way you wrote it made a strong impact on me. Thanks for that. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall