About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Sunday, 15 January 2017

First Christmas Card of the year!

I know I'm a tad late, after all we have already had almost 15 days of 2017 but for me this is the first Christmas card of 2017.  I've been stamping images and keeping them in my colouring box so as the inspiration hit I could whip up a Christmas Card.

This particular card uses:

Penny Black Stamp {I'm not sure which one sorry, but it's a hedgehog and holly and an old wooden mounted one, which I am using more as part of my use it or lose it stash rule.}

Vellum {no idea where that came from it was in my "to use up" stash box}

Distress inks {to ink the vellum and the edge of the embossed oval}

Snowflake Die {which I think is a DoCraft Xcut one}

Glitter Card, {to mount the oval on}

Seasons Greetings Die {A DoCraft Xcut one, I love how economical and good their new carbon steel dies are}

Mica Powders {to coat the seasons greeting sentiment}

Scalloped Edge Oval Die {Spellbinders Nestability Dies}

I've used Derwent Colour Soft Pencils to colour my image

Wow {pale blue} Embossing Powder on the Die cut Snowflakes

A Cuttlebug Snowflake Embossing Folder for the die cut oval.


I have read about and looked at the Craft Stamper, take it make it challenges for a few months now and never had the courage to play along.  Cards are something I struggle a lot with, I find layering difficult and keeping it clean even harder.  This time I have been encouraged by a friend to give it a go, so here it is my first Christmas Card of the year, being added to the Craft Stamper Challenge.

3 comments:

  1. How super cute. I love that little Hedgie and the snowflakes are cooool :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for starting your Christmas cards already, and for playing along at Craft Stamper! Love that cute hedgie image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall