About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Tuesday, 3 January 2017

Happy New Year on a Perfect Winters Day

Welcome to 2017, it's that time of year when "Thank you" cards are being made in abundance for gifts received over the festive season.  A lot of mine will pop up later in the year as I do not want to flood this post with an excessive amount of cards, that and if I'm honest cards are not something I find easy to make so some may never see the light of day if I get the opportunity to make a replacement.

It is also the season of resolutions, both regular and crafty.  Regular ones I try to keep but invariable never do but this year I want to:


  • Read more {well only at bed time, last year I said I wanted to read less as it was something that ostracized me from people, but I've learnt that I it made me miserable and I'd rather be happy}
  • Eat Less {yes the good old lose weight, eat healthy etc.  Well I was trying to eat more in 2015 as apparently I don't eat enough but I'm fed up of feeling nauseous, my stomach physically hurting and fearing meal times because of the quantity of food so I'm returning to what I used to eat}
  • Eat what does NOT make me ill.  {Yes another food one but I'm allergic to dairy and pistachios and in order to protect my health I can no longer give in and just eat it when people say I'm just being awkward, difficult, making a fuss of nothing and on a fad diet}
Now to the much more interesting crafty resolutions, this year I want to:

  • Be unique and not make anything that looks like anything else I or anyone else has made {this may be tricky I do have a thing for sunset brushos and silhouettes at the moment}
  • Not purchase any craft stash unless I run out {I'm usually good at this one}
  • Not follow crafting trends, they are of no interest, the real joy in craft is being creative
  • To make more use of my old stamps
  • To do more Scrapbooking
  • To do more Art Journaling
  • To express myself and use craft to ease my stress levels and deal with situations.

Right finally here we go the interesting part, a couple of Thank You cards:




It was -5, yes that's minus 5 this morning and the frost was stunning so I popped out with the camera for ten minutes whilst bringing the recycling bins in and these are the results.  I am now reasonable on manual and need to practice something called ISO I think.































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall