Hearts



Wooden quote hearts

For this project I bought the heart shapes but they are simple enough to make if you are good at woodwork {I’m not!} or have someone who can do it for you. 

I gesso’d the hearts first with a very thin layer so that it wouldn’t take so much ink to cover them.  I inked using dusters…and used shaded lilac, peacock feathers and picked raspberry distress inks.  I had to apply a few coats though so I did this over a couple of days until I got the depth of colour I wanted.  Then I added the liquid pearls around the border.  I stamped the quotes onto acetate and left them to dry with the liquid pearls overnight.  Then I glued the acetate on using glossy accents to create a quick and easy project.



As some of you know I’ve had a tricky time lately but despite the ongoing issues craft is now very high on my agenda once again.  Thank you for bearing with me during this time.

Comments

  1. Beautiful hearts & I LOVE the colours...Mgt.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Sall, the colours go beautifully together

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall

Popular posts from this blog

Help it's the Spanish Inquisition

One Stitch At A Time {OSAAT} Challenge 236 Anything Goes Special Lady

The beauty of death