Testing New Products
There was no adventure last week due to appointments and weather. I'm very obsessed about keeping this camera dry! So I thought I would share with you two new stash items I've bought, just to make it clear I have saved and purchased these items so my opinion is just that...an opinion. The first is the Tim Holtz precision press. WOW I mean I thought I was okay with stamping but this thing is just incredible. There are two things I really love about it.
- How large stamps can be restamped until I get a full impression with no blurring or smudging.
- I can layer my stamps, it's so much easier without sticking notelet paper leaving traces of glue etc, I just use regular paper and the magnet.
For me there is one downside, it's sold with only 2 magnets and as the base is shiny flat {necessary for stamping} some types of lower weight card/paper will slip about a bit.
Anyway here's my first set of pics for you using a straight forward stamping process
This batch of photos is using the layering method
My second new product was some Derwent Procolour Pencils. I've tried many Derwent products and love the inktense pencils. The coloursoft were great but I found you needed a slightly textured paper or they were slightly waxy and didn't stay on the paper as they smudged easily. Now if you only use pencils that's fine but I like to chop and change my medium mixing pencils with promarkers {I've never found a pen as good as the promarker so it's worth paying for}. If you want to mix your mediums you have got to use a slightly shiny paper for the promarkers...now many swear by Neenah and yes I've used it too but I've recently found the shiny printer paper works just as well and is far more economical. Now the procolours can also be used on this shiny paper and still blend, still cover all the paper and there's no lift off or waxy feature to them once you have coloured with them. The downside is if they are not on special offer they are more expensive than the coloursoft pencils but all in all I think I prefer the newer product so would be prepared to save up for them. Here's my first colouring with them. On the left is a slightly textured paper and on the right is the shiny good for promarkers and procolour pencils.








Ooooh - LUV your new purchase. :-) I bought a small one of these stampy thingies but haven't actually used it yet. ...... just another piece of ' must have 'stash on my shelf in it's little box hahahaha
ReplyDeleteGreat colouring Sall. I am glad you are liking your new pencils. I agree that Promarkers are fabulous :-D xx
Thanks for the comments on the stamp precision machine as I am dithering on this one. I was almost there on whether to buy one or not but you have convinced me it will help with my not-so-great stamping. Mgt.x
ReplyDelete