Art Journal Cover
I've used my infamous poppy stamp from Hobby Art to make the cover of my art journal. The background is Cracked Pistachio distress oxide ink run through an ivy embossing folder. I love how it's simply but the glittery letters add a vibrant pop of colour. I've chosen to use Poppies on the cover of this because Poppies carry several meanings
- Restful sleep and recovery {hopefully after a cathartic art journal experience sleep will be restful}
- Consolation for loss or death in the family
- Remembering the fallen in wars and armed conflicts
- A lively imagination {there are many who would say I have an over active lively imagination}
- Peace in death
- Messages delivered in dreams {I do have a lot of strange dreams maybe I ought to art journal them}
- Resurrection and Eternal life
- Beauty and Success
- Extravagance and luxury {given the cost of craft stash it can be a luxury}.
I'm thrilled that so many of these meanings fit well with the art jouranling that I love to create so much.

Oooh yes - that embossing is amazing. Such a beautiful poppy stamp. Which Die set is that you used for the letters ? xxxx
ReplyDelete