Love is in the air at Ikes World Challenges
Oh dear a theme of love should be very easy when Valentines falls in the month but I on the other have long since decided it's a money making con, even when in a relationship I always found it a con and actually I worked that night so it never really bothered me.
If you wish to join in do come and see us at Ikes World Challenges in the mean time do hang around to see the rather unusual take I've got on love.
One of the things I love most in the world, other than crafting, is reading and so my love of books is what inspired this particular piece. I'm really enjoying the freedom of playing in my art journal once more and so I've used a heart stencil and coloured he hearts using a quickie glue pen, I've then added embossing powder...this ones a glittery one by WOW. I then heated it until they set and then settled down with a good dvd or three to colour my images.
I've used Book Den and Open book from Ikes Art to create this image. I always print on crafters companion stamp card regardles of what medium I use for colouring. However the open book is printed on vellum so give transparency of the images escaping from the page. I've used pencil crayons because I prefer them to pens and have a selection from Derwent of procolours, inktense and the ones whose name escapes me but you use them on black card.
I really have enjoyed snuggling down and colouring this image and I think you will too so don't forget to pop over to Ikes Art store and see what other incredible images Ike has for you.
This is my piece:
An awesome piece it's a great scene. Re Valentine's have a peek at my Valentine's post! Vee xx
ReplyDeleteGlad my funny valentine made you laugh it did me when I found the potato! Vee
ReplyDelete