Around the World in Cultures

Wow part five of my travels already!  This time I'm starting in America and heading up through Alaska to the Artic Circle.

In America I looked specifically at Native Americans and learnt that:


  • Native Americans are often called American Indians
  • The Sequia tree is named after the Cherokee leader Sequoyah
  • Many Native American words have been absorbed into English, Chia, Chilli, Chocolate, Coyote and Poncho
  • Native Americans served in WW1
  • Sioux was adopted by the French from the Lakota people


I love learning about other cultures and recently have become slightly obsessed in watching Life Below Zero and seeing how they survive in the Artic Circle so I have learnt that:



  • The Inuits are also called Inuk
  • There are three groups called:  Inughuit, Tunmitt and Ka laallit 
  • Rubbing noses is a form of kissing
  • Their diet is predominately meat and fish
  • They travel on dog sledges and Qajaqs




Comments

  1. Another great page Sall. It must be great fun researching all the information for your pages :-D Thank you for using my images
    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall

Popular posts from this blog

Help it's the Spanish Inquisition

One Stitch At A Time {OSAAT} Challenge 236 Anything Goes Special Lady

The beauty of death