Brushos
It's not often I rave about a product but I am truly in love with the brushos...they are simply paint crystals that sprinkle out of the pot they come in similar to shaking salt and pepper. They now do metalics as well and I am beyond excited about this, although the pixie powders or mica powder as they were previously known work just as well and once dry stick to the page.
You can add salt crystals and leave to air dry, the salt attracts the water and thus the colour leaving the areas around the salt paler. I've turned my brusho backing paper into a Christmas Card but as long as you use watercolour card you can do whatever you want with the end results. If your in a hurry just dry using your heat gun. You can apply the paint crystals first or I prefer after the water so you can see how it's turning out and if you want to add more or less or change colours.
You can add salt crystals and leave to air dry, the salt attracts the water and thus the colour leaving the areas around the salt paler. I've turned my brusho backing paper into a Christmas Card but as long as you use watercolour card you can do whatever you want with the end results. If your in a hurry just dry using your heat gun. You can apply the paint crystals first or I prefer after the water so you can see how it's turning out and if you want to add more or less or change colours.










Ooooh - they look jolly interesting :-) I love your background.
ReplyDeleteWould this work with slightly heavier card too or must it be watercolour paper ?