Shaker Card
I have seen and admired shaker cards but was never really sure about making them. Then I saw someone making snow globes using baubles and decided to give a snow globe shaker card a go.
I've used a clear plastic bauble {widely recycled} and some glitter to "shake" as snow {Eco glitter can be used}. I've stamped my image from Hobby Art and coloured it using procolour pencils. I've cut it into a circle and tipped the half of my bauble upside and poured in some glitter. Then I've used Cosmic Shimmer glue around the bauble edge and stuck the stamped image to the bauble.
At this point it's ESSENTIAL you let this dry totally before progressing with your card. For mine I've used a blue and silver bursho background and gold card for the snow globe base. The greeting is die cut.
Once the bauble is dry you can attach it to your card. Remember that the bauble will make it heavy so you may need to stick an extra layer of card to the back of your card to help it stand up.
I've used a clear plastic bauble {widely recycled} and some glitter to "shake" as snow {Eco glitter can be used}. I've stamped my image from Hobby Art and coloured it using procolour pencils. I've cut it into a circle and tipped the half of my bauble upside and poured in some glitter. Then I've used Cosmic Shimmer glue around the bauble edge and stuck the stamped image to the bauble.
At this point it's ESSENTIAL you let this dry totally before progressing with your card. For mine I've used a blue and silver bursho background and gold card for the snow globe base. The greeting is die cut.
Once the bauble is dry you can attach it to your card. Remember that the bauble will make it heavy so you may need to stick an extra layer of card to the back of your card to help it stand up.


OMGoodness - that is so cute. Such a clever idea and a fabulous background :-) xx
ReplyDelete