Christmas Book Card

Now this is something I am pleased with, it was made before I lost my confidence and I LOVE it!  This is my final Christmas Card of the year, it's for relatives in Wales.  I've made the base as a book box card and made sure to add pages this time so it can be opened.


Instead of glueing the cover down I left it to "flap" this meant I could add an extra page as an insert with a Christmas Verse on.  The verse is my own and reads:

The Scent of Cinnamon, Ginger and spice swirl in the air
Fairy lights twinkle as the wrapping paper rustles
A room strewn with gifts
A welcome wreath on the door
Invokes a Christmas magic full of loved ones near and far
© Author Sall Baker




On top of that is the cover flap, this has a scene of polar bears on the "arctic" tundra, they are lounging around or walking on the slopes with their cubs.  There is a few Nuvou Drops in Morning dew clear to depict snow falling around them too.  The ice under them is using Imagination Crafts Arctic White paste.




Finally the book has a dust jacket made from what should have been acetate but I did not have any so I used shrink plastic.  I glued the die cut greeting "let it snow" on and some die cut glitter snowflakes along with more nuvou drops for falling snow.  I made sure these were glued on AFTER I had stuck the dust jacket to the book box to ensure you could still see the original cover images.




Sorry about my fingers in the photos it was the only way I could come up with to show how the pages open.


Comments

  1. How fabulous - such a clever idea. The Polar Bear stamps are divine and I LUV that one lounging hahaha xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall

Popular posts from this blog

Help it's the Spanish Inquisition

One Stitch At A Time {OSAAT} Challenge 236 Anything Goes Special Lady

The beauty of death