Holly wreath
I had wanted to make this as a gift, and whilst I hope it will be appreciated I'm just not sure. I guess that's because lately I've had to surrender my independence and with my independence goes a lot of my confidence...I feel useless as if I cannot accomplish even the smallest thing. This has been reiterated within some relationships too, I'm perfectly likeable as long as I keep quiet and allow people to behave in a negative manner towards me, especially when it comes to opinions and having to justify why I'm struggling. I've tried to bounce back and have been hit with an interesting experience {trying to be positive}. I'm going to be taking my caree's blood pressure twice, twice daily. I'm more than a little anxious that I am going to get this wrong but as long as I don't test the machine on myself and break it with an absurdly high reading I am clinging to the it can't go that wrong surely? Interesting experiences aside it's the crafting that I really need, it relaxes me {when it's not for a gift} and it's good for my health....physically it forces me to slow down and the fine detail work in the berries and gluing the million of holly berries on really did force me to go at the speed it would dry rather than rushing. The same with die cutting the leaves...I can only go at the speed of the Gemini. Mentally it allows me to focus on two things...the item I'm making and keeping an eye on if my caree needs anything so it stops me juggling so many things in my head that I end up anxious, stressed, tired and generally far more negative than I could/should be. So all in all my gut instinct/reaction is this wreath is not going to be as appreciated as I'm just not convinced it's as good as it should be.
I've die cut the holly leaves, used nuvou drops for berries and cake decoration robins. The snow is imagination crafts diamond paste. The base is a polystyrene and covered in ribbon...I'm not sure if this was a good idea or not, I know from experience it made it easier to glue the leaves on but that involves choosing ribbon someone else will like to hang the wreath with opposed to letting them add it at a later date and I have a feeling it's the wrong width, colour and style of ribbon...oh dear all in all it's just a bit of a deflated feeling with it. That and a longing that I had done more to make it decent and acceptable for someone else.
I've die cut the holly leaves, used nuvou drops for berries and cake decoration robins. The snow is imagination crafts diamond paste. The base is a polystyrene and covered in ribbon...I'm not sure if this was a good idea or not, I know from experience it made it easier to glue the leaves on but that involves choosing ribbon someone else will like to hang the wreath with opposed to letting them add it at a later date and I have a feeling it's the wrong width, colour and style of ribbon...oh dear all in all it's just a bit of a deflated feeling with it. That and a longing that I had done more to make it decent and acceptable for someone else.






That is fabulous Sall - did you count how many leaves you actually cut as you were sticking them om ??? That's the sort of thing my brain would do LoL It came out wonderful and I adore those little Robins. I think the green ribbon works very well with it. I don't think it matters what colour ribbon you use to hang it with so don't stress about it :-). A super cool creation - well done you xxxxxxxxx
ReplyDelete