Icy
Over at Ikes World Challenges the theme this month is Icy. The challenge is open to everyone and if you prefer you can dip your toes in with anything goes. Ike always does a stunning a freebie and of course you can purchase her images at Ikes Art. I've used Ice Skater for this art journal page. I wrote my own quote "Whatever the weather get outside and have fun" ⓒSallie Baker 2019
I used distress spray for the ice rink wall but I don't recommend the product it's a nightmare. Not only is it expensive but it sprays everywhere, the only way to get it off is with nail varnish remover, including your hands. It reacts with any residual ink or burhos on a stencil and is just generally a nightmare to work with. I ended up using a paint brush for this but my advice is heat embossing works far far better as a resist.
I used distress spray for the ice rink wall but I don't recommend the product it's a nightmare. Not only is it expensive but it sprays everywhere, the only way to get it off is with nail varnish remover, including your hands. It reacts with any residual ink or burhos on a stencil and is just generally a nightmare to work with. I ended up using a paint brush for this but my advice is heat embossing works far far better as a resist.

Excellent!
ReplyDelete