A Rocky walk

Well okay it wasn't really a walk as such more a wonder around the Rockery Garden at Killerton.  I rarely make this walk as my balance makes the steps in the Rockery a little risky.  However last autumn I ventured in to see what was growing there. I loved the last of the flowers and the greens but also the architecture of the steps.












These steps don't look too bad but some are thigh high on me which makes for an interesting time trying to get up them, especially as they increase in height the higher up you go.




Looking down you can see how steep the steps are but not how high each step is.



What is this tree?











Anyone? Any ideas at all what this tree is?





I have tried a google reverse image search, it just tells me it's a fruit tree, not really helpful I wanted to know what kind of fruit tree?


Comments

  1. That looks gorgeous. I'd love to go there. My Mum used to have a little rocky path like that going up to the higher level of her garden - a nightmare for slippery moss etc in the Winter !!!
    Your tree looks like a DOGWOOD Tree but I cannot be ultra certain without knowing the size of the 'fruits' but that's my guess :-D xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall

Popular posts from this blog

Help it's the Spanish Inquisition

One Stitch At A Time {OSAAT} Challenge 236 Anything Goes Special Lady

The beauty of death