Christmas Card Challenge

I mentioned last year that I wanted to do a Christmas Card Challenge so that I wouldn't be stressed or bored getting a large quantity of Christmas cards done.  I've made a list and assigned a theme to each person I send a card too.  Although I admit I did have some help with the themes.  I'm doing the list randomly depending on which images I have coloured and ready to go.  

My First Theme is:  Away in a Manger. 

The Carol Away in A Manager is popular in Carol services but also in many primary schools.  The Lyrics are:  

Away in a manger
No crib for a bed
The little Lord Jesus laid down his sweet head
The stars in the bright sky looked down where he lay
The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay

The cattle are lowing, the poor baby awakes
But little Lord Jesus, no crying he makes
I love Thee, Lord Jesus! Look down from the night sky
And stay by my side till morning is nigh

Be near me Lord Jesus; I ask thee to stay
Close by me forever, and love me I pray
Bless all the dear children in Thy tender care
And take us to heaven to live with Thee there.

Due to the lyrics talking about Jesus in the manger after being born in a stable with the animals all around him I have chosen to use the nativity image from Ikes Art for my card.

I've made a basic easel card, the backing paper is made from brushos.  The snowflakes and "seasons greetings" sentiment are die cut.  I've used Nuvo drops for pearl snowflakes and pearls around the quote which I wrote myself.



Comments

  1. Oh WoW !! That is awesome Sall. I really love that background. Thank you for using one of my images :-D xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall

Popular posts from this blog

Help it's the Spanish Inquisition

One Stitch At A Time {OSAAT} Challenge 236 Anything Goes Special Lady

The beauty of death