A Fun-Gal Walk

Okay so my title isn't as funny or catchy as it could be but I wanted to share some fungi photos snapped at Killerton.  Now this is great, I find them interesting, beautiful to look at but appear to be allergic to them!  I can't eat the edible mushrooms and I shouldn't be walking near trees that are losing their leaves and where Fungi is growing.  The mould spores released by the trees that help the fungi to grow create Asthma symptoms.

A few years ago I had a serious reaction to it and only realised afterwards why I was wheezing after eating mushrooms.  Now I avoid them, strictly avoid them food wise and dose up on antihistamine to enable me to walk.  I have used the term dose up because under supervision from my Asthma nurse we have increased the antihistamine to higher than over the counter dose.  This does mean I need  a prescription but it also means I don't have to hibernate come Autumn.

I have found Wellington Monument has the widest types of Fungi but last Autumn I found some at Killerton.  I apologise for the dark photos but I'm adjusting to using manual settings on the camera and this is the result...dark photos but also some great Fungi.





I love the way these fungi are growing out of the tree.









These Fungi were circling the base  of a tree.










The two tone colour and the frills on this one.  It appears so delicate yet it's so big.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help it's the Spanish Inquisition

One Stitch At A Time {OSAAT} Challenge 236 Anything Goes Special Lady

The beauty of death