KEEP THE GATE SHUT - LIVESTOCK IN THE PARK

I hope everyone has had a good Christmas, either happy, noisy and filled with friends, family, love and laughter or my personal favourite quiet and peaceful. 

I'm here today to share with you an amusing anecdote from an Autumnal walk I took at Killerton.  I love walking there, for one thing it's local and doesn't take long to get there but also no matter how many times you walk it you never see the same thing twice. 

On this particular walk there was a sign on the main gate saying Keep the gate shut livestock in the park.  I know that Killerton still has tenant farmers and there is often cattle the other side a ha-ha {a slopping off of the field followed by a very step and impenetrable wall designed in the same way as an infinity pool, so the garden appears to fade off into the distant landscape but provides a boundary for livestock} and whilst you can walk through that field I didn't think the cattle would be in the main park, nor had I heard that wild ponies had been brought in to graze the land so I was a little puzzled as to what I would find.

As I walked I had almost forgotten that I was supposed to see some livestock as there were little to no signs of them.  Then I started seeing signs, most droppings and I started to realise it wasn't going to be large livestock but something around medium sized.  Sure enough as I continued to walk, about a 1/4 mile maybe 1/2 a mile from the gate that had to be kept closed at all times I found the olympic athlete of livestock.  They were all primed and ready to sprint through that gate the second it opened.

Here's what I found.















To be fair to the sheep they did start to move when the feed truck rattled past above them.






However it didn't last, it was nap time again within a few seconds.


Comments

  1. HAHAHAHA - yep, I can't see them pogo-ing over the gates any time soon either :-D
    Great shots Sall xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall

Popular posts from this blog

Help it's the Spanish Inquisition

One Stitch At A Time {OSAAT} Challenge 236 Anything Goes Special Lady

The beauty of death