About Moi

I was born in June 1981, I'm a hearing impaired paper-crafter who loves all things crafty. I sew, although I'm still very much a novice at sewing. I bake and cook hopefully all kinds of delicious treats. I have a huge passion for photography and the camera {yes I'm old school I still use an actual camera} is never far from me. I also love creative writing from making up sentiments/verses for my cards and other paper-craft projects to penning some fiction. I am an avid reader and if you are very unlucky I may even throw in some book reviews on here too!

Monday, 20 October 2014

Think pink

The theme over at Ikes world challenges this week is "think pink".  This is mostly associated with the awareness of breast cancer so for my piece I have used the Ohhh la la image from Ikes Art .  





To make this you will need:


  • Pro markers
  • Ohh la la image
  • Paper {of your choice I used docrafts}
  • Ribbon
  • Either a very clever brain or the we r memory keepers bag punch board
  • Glitter
  • Gems
  • Scissors
  • Double sided tape
  • Fabric {this is optional}  
  • Glossy Accents
  • Really tiny beads
  • Liquid pearls
I made the bag following the we r memory keepers bag punch board destructions {instructions for those of you intelligent enough to follow them}!  I punched holes in to the top using the cropodile and set them with eyelets before threading the ribbon through and tying it for handles.

I printed and cut around the oohhh la la image.  I then coloured it and because I wanted to give the chair a luxurious feel I reprinted the image and cut the cushion bits out for a template.  I cut the shapes from pink material and glued them on with glossy accents.  I used tiny gems for the center of the basque, really tiny beads for the garter and liquid pearl for the buttony bits in the chair.  I adhered the image to the die cut shape and edged the shape with glitter. 




For those who noticed that the bag paper is upside down with little quotes/sayings/sentiments on...it is indeed upside down and I still have NOT managed to get the paper to work so both sides are the right way up so my top tip is don't use paper with words on!

This particular bag was then used to place a thank you gift of these chocolate fruit shards in.





4 comments:

  1. Excellent project Sall - I love the way you did the cushions :-) The fruit shards look interesting !

    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Sal, what a gorgeous gift, such a beautiful bag and then filled with yummy chocolate. WOW you made the bag too, that is mega clever, I just buy ones ready made :) :) :) Love how you have done the cushion to make it so luxurious, just all round fabulicious :) Big hugs Mimi Jane xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed an 'l' off your name, still waking up and not even got my caffeine into my blood stream yet :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kindness with me.
Much love and hugs
Sall